Weather in Wengen from May 5

Weather in Wengen from May 5

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vikasICI
vikasICI
13 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 6:39 PM

I will be in Wengen for a few days starting May 5th. The weather forecast predicts 40 to 60% chance of rain. Do rains in May tend to be passing showers or more persistent all day affairs? Not looking for predictions, just looking for experiences from people who have been in the region in May earlier.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 8:31 AM in reply to vikasICI

Hi vikasICI,

It is difficult to predict mountain weather far in advance, so i wouldn't get too despondent yet. The fact that rain gets predicted for a day does not mean that it will rain, or that it will rain the whole day. And long range weather forecasts are not very reliable. Don't think that because the meteorologists forecast rain for a particular day that it will actually rain for 24 hours.

From my experience they tend to be passing showers in May. You can read more about the weather in Switzerland here: www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/nature.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018