Weather prediction for Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 1:18:28 #812240

Travelling to Zurich,Luzern,Mt.Titlis,Interlaken,Wengen,Murren,Jungfraujoch next week for 5 days from Mon-Friday.plan was

Mon- arrive,Zurich-Rhine falls-Luzern

Tue- Luzern,Titlis,come to Wengen.

Wed- Jungfrau joch,Lauterbrunnen visit to Trummelbach falls

Thurs-Murren,bluemental hike

Fri-Lake thun cruise,back to Zurich and visit zurich in the eve

Sat;early morning flight from Zurich

After all the planning,now when I look at the weather forecast looks like there will be rain in Jungfrau region from Wed-fri .Considering to change my plans and doing Luzern,Mt Titlis instead on Thur/friday but not very happy since have to make changes in the hotels as well.

new plan-

Mon-Zurich via Luzern (goldenpass) to interlaken,lake thun cruise,stay in wengen

(Q:is it possible to do murren,blumental hike thisday or better to do on wed though there is rain prediction on wed. If it rains is it possible for the lake thun/breinz cruise)

Tue -Jungfrau joch,lauterbrunnen valley in the eve

Wed-Murren,bluemental hike,eve go to Luzern or engelberg late night

(Q:is it better to go to luzern or engelberg at night,cant get 2 nights in same place in Luzern for 2 nights of wed,thurs,hence the dilemma)

Thursday-Mt Titlis daytime,eve visit Luzern

Friday :luzern to rhine falls,Zurich in the eve

Sat-fly from Zurich

My question is how reliable are these predictions and would you recommend any particular site to be more accurate over the other.Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Have bought Swiss travel pass for all 5 days.Now really worried because we really want to do Jungfraujoch but unsure if the whole plan should be switched.Please Help !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 6:11:02 #865026

Hi Yojosh,

No one really can predict the weather – it changes frequently in the mountains as well so you never know.
    We list a few options for weather forecasts here. I don’t think one weather site will predict sun where the other predicts rain – they are usually quite similar.

I was in the Ebenalp last weekend and it called for rain (but we got none) so you never know. I’ve never changed my plans/itineraries for weather before – especially this late before travel (too much of a headache, I just cross my fingers for good luck!)

One site we use here, calls for a 50% chance of rain – in amounts of only 2mm to 6mm 🙂 in the Jungfraujoch area on Wednesday and Thursday (with possible thunderstorms).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 0:02:44 #865027

Hi, Yojosh. We experienced beautiful weather during our recent May visit to Switzerland. Although the weather was fine and mostly clear in Lauterbrunnen the day we planned to visit Jungfraujoch, it was covered in cloud and we went up to the Schilthorn instead, the trip being spectacular all the way from Lauterbrunnen, where we were based. We got distant cloudy views of Jungfraujoch from Schilthorn. We later had time to visit Grindelwald via Kleine Scheidegg. There is a cliff walk at Grindelwald too. We were a bit weary by the time we got there but looks like worth doing.

We were given the web address of Swisspanorama.com, which gives you up to date photos of the local mountains and the cloud cover in Jungfrau area, including Jungfraujoch. We loved Lauterbrunnen and had a view of the Staubbach Falls from our hotel balcony. One of my favourite photos! It was central to places we wanted to visit too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 18:21:36 #865028

My wife and I just got back from a 13 day trip in Switzerland Austria and Bavaria. We both had different weather apps, both confirming before we left for our trip, and when we were in Switzerland, that all of our time in Austria, Bavaria and maybe even St Moritz and Zermatt we’re going to be constant rain and some sun. We woke up every day to Sun, & beautiful Skies every day. We did everything we wanted, walked from every train station to our hotel. The only rain we ever encountered was in the early evening sitting under an umbrella having our wine and dinner, and it left by the time we paid our bill. Don’t worry about the weather… it will come and go. Enjoy your trip.

• The thread ‘Weather prediction for Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.