Rainy weekend, what to do in Lucerne & Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2017 at 8:39:41 #810724

Hi guys,

I am in Swtizerland for the first time and I have only this week end to explore, but the weather says rain everywhere from Lucerne to Interlaken… I am starting and ending my trip from Zurich and I have no idea where to go because of the weather. If I’m going to Grindwlwald or Merren do I have chance for snow? Is ski out of the way, or still possible and snowing in these places? Otherwise I may just go to Lucerne for visiting the city and enjoy the café there during rain time 🙁

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2017 at 13:33:28 #858668

We just came from Lucerne, where it also rained for both days we were there. The first day the forecast said it wouldn’t rain until noon so we headed to Titlis to ski. The weather was great and it only started snowing around about noon. It wasn’t until later in the afternoon where the snow started to feel like ice and it got slicker out. If he weather looks clear in the morning I’d say you could still go skiing. The next day we went to the mineral bath at Rigi Kaltbad to cure the sore muscles and it was awesome. There were a lot of tourists on the boat and up to the mountain but they all went to the top, where I’m sure they didn’t see much because it was all fog and rain. I would highly recommend this.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 February 2017 at 14:59:04 #858669

Hi Seab2,

Did you mean Mürren? There is (a bit) of snow in the village right now, and more if you go up. There are plenty of option to ski (assume that you’re an experienced skier).

• The thread ‘Rainy weekend, what to do in Lucerne & Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.