1 week in Switzerland – Interlaken and Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 17:11:01 #811735

Hi, need some suggestions on my upcoming weeklong trip.

1. Reaching Interlaken on May 21st by 2.30 PM. Is sky diving/paragliding activity doable if we are ready to hit go by 3.30 pm? Any other light activity within walkable distance around Interlaken West for late afternoon-early evening? If it’s drizzling is it even advisable to go paragliding? If no, what other options does one have for evening in and around Interlaken?

2. May 22nd we plan to try our luck with Jungfraujoch but since it’s a costly affair, if it’s cloudy in the morning it might be a waste, any other alternative options (which won’t break the bank) from Interlaken as a day trip (excluding Titlis, Rigi, Pilatus) and not too far either?

3. On May 23 we will move to Lucerne by noon. We plan to do either Pilatus or Rigi which is closer to Lucerne and worth half a day at max. Which one would you suggest as a half day trip?

4. May 24-25 I have kept it flexible with Titlis and Pilatus. If May 24 is sunny as it looks unlikely we could do either Pilatus or try out Black Forest area in Germany as a day trip. Since early forecast suggests May 25 to be mostly sunny we would prefer to do Titlis on this day. Does this sound good?

5. May 26 we leave for Zurich where we would basically stay mostly within city limits with local sightseeing.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 9:23:03 #863001

Hi Viveksinhas,

1. I’m not sure when the last sky-diving/paragliding jump is on each day. We have a company you we recommend here and you can contact them directly. They will also no about weather/rain issues
    2. For a mountain excursion I would recommend Schilthorn or Brienzer Rothorn. Also nice are trips to Lake Brienz or Lake Thun.
    3. I think both Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi are good for half-day trips – Though Pilatus is a little closer to Luzern.
    4. Looks good. Keep in mind the weather forecasts aren’t very accurate in the mountains until about 24 hours before
    5. Zurich is a nice city to explore for the day – see some attractions here. Mostly the old town (for architecture, Bahnhofstrasse (for shopping) and several museums and the lake are the biggest draws in Zurich.

Lucas

• The thread ‘1 week in Switzerland – Interlaken and Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.