Wengen appartment refund policy amidst coronavirus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2020 at 4:07:28 #825445

Hi,

We booked a chalet with Wengen apartments. Does anyone know them??

our trip has quite messed up, half of our trip was supposed to be spent in Italy but now the situation has totally changed. Italy is in lockdown and as I am watching the progress of coronaviris in Switzerland, its also showing an increase. I dont know what the future is gonna be. We are suppose to arrive on 7th April in Switzerland. Can this property refund because of this uninvited situation?? Nobody knows whats coming next and I am so depressed…I dont want to get stuck somewhere with my kids.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 March 2020 at 16:37:21 #931337

Hi Quratulainz! I’m very sorry you have to reconsider your plans. I don’t have any personal experience with Wengen Apartments, but I suggest you contact them to find out about their refund policy. Check with your travel insurance as well. We provide more information on cancellation policies, and link to coronavirus updates provided by several retailers and operators, in http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2020 at 9:01:33 #931338

Thank you Annika, I have alreadygone through the swiss health ministry website and surely look into the other links that you have sent.

Since the Switzerland govt has declared it a special situation and therefore special arrangements should be adopted by the accommodation rental parties. Italy is in lockdown means that we cannot travel to Italy and we had a flight back home from Rome. Also the covid19 cases are growing in Switzerland with every passing day. So its very easy to conclude that the situation will further deteriorate instead of getting better.

• The thread ‘Wengen appartment refund policy amidst coronavirus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.