Wengen – Do restaurants close at 8pm in summer?

• Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    18 April 2023 at 16:03:44 #829613

A trip report visiting in October said Wengen restaurants close at 8pm and the only supermarket (Coop) closes at 6:30pm so we planned dinner accordingly. Can I assume this does not happen in July/August??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6351 posts
    18 April 2023 at 18:01:52 #953511

Hi Swede4life,

Typically restaurants open for lunch between 11am and 2pm and dinner between 6pm and 10pm. In summer I think most restaurants open till late and some might even open all day. However not all restaurants have the same operating hours so best to check individually.

regards,

Anna

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    20 April 2023 at 2:57:05 #953512

Hi Swede4life,

A great tool to see hours for restaurants is google maps. You can click on any little dot, as they are all tiny, clickable icons. Info will come up, including photos, hours, etc. You can keep checking as time goes on to see if hours change. Some sites will also say when they were last updated. I believe also that all resraurants/bars carry their own hours. When I was in Wengen 5 yrs ago (pre-pandemic, so things may be different now everywhere) I had no problem with restaurants, and closed down a few bars after 0100. (One even closed at 0500.)

You should be fine in the summer time months. Have fun.

Regards,

Danielsan

Yolanda
    2311 posts
    20 April 2023 at 4:34:09 #953513

Thank you Danielsan 🙂

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    20 April 2023 at 10:24:12 #953514

Thanks. Great idea.

• The thread ‘Wengen – Do restaurants close at 8pm in summer?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.