Wengen in early May worth it weather wise?

• sbstoval
    Participant
    12 posts
    27 January 2020 at 21:30:47 #825021

Hello all,

I am planning a 2 week vacation in Europe with my girlfriend, and we are trying to decide whether or not to include 3-4 days in Switzerland. We were potentially considering spending 1 night in Zurich, 1 in Lucerne, and 1-2 in Wengen. However we are afraid that the weather will not be optimal, particularly in Wengen. I’ve heard that a lot of things are shut down, trails and rails are not all operational, etc. We’d like to hike and explore the OB area, and so if things are shut down then we may be out of luck.

So, my question is two fold: would we be trying to cram too much into too little of time with the above itinerary, and is it even worth visiting the Jungfrau region in May?

Thanks all!

Sam

• The thread ‘Wengen in early May worth it weather wise?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.