Best rail pass for a week in Wengen in June

• juliasanders
    Participant
    4 posts
    29 April 2018 at 6:35:59 #815592

Hi,

My husband and I are coming to Wengen in June travelling to Zurich airport. We then go by train to Wengen. We want to walk locally and use cable car and mountain trains in the Wengen region only. i.e. mannlichen cable car and possibly Jungfraujoch. Can you use the half fare card on these items? We are there for a week and then return to Zurich for an overnight stop before flying from Zurich back the UK. Please can you help me work out if the half fare pass is the most beneficial for our trip?

Thank you

Julia 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 9:10:42 #883537

Hi Julia,

The Swiss Half Fare Card is valid for those trips yes – essentially it gets you 50% off all trips in the country.
    Whether it is the best rail pass for your itinerary you can’t know until you do the math.

You’ll need to plan out all trips you plan to make each day, find the costs and compare that to discounts on varying rail passes. I would think the Swiss Half Fare Card is a good bet. Also have a look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass as well.

To help you compare passes look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

• The thread ‘Best rail pass for a week in Wengen in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.