Recommended hotels in Wengen for mid May

• Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    29 October 2019 at 3:30:15 #824326

Hi, my family of 4 ( 2 adults,2 children 14,17’ , will be travelling to switzerland for 6 days .

we want to stay in wengen . But don’t know if it will be too cold in wengen in mid may ?

will it make more sense staying in interlaken ?

How is the hotel silberhorn in wengen? Think it is opening for the season on 15th may .

we are interested in grindelwald first , murren,

schilthorn and maybe the lakes of interlaken if time permits.

otherchoice is hotel edelweiss in wengen or hotel interlaken in interlaen.

of our 6 days , we are spending 3 days in wengen and 3 days in lucerne and then catching a train to salzburg from zurich.

Suggestions much appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    29 October 2019 at 8:40:01 #924345

Hi Manjiri vora

We always stay at the Silberhorn. We enjoy the food there and the staff are friendly. Book a room overlooking the Lauterbrunnen valley. The views are spectacular.

It is by the train station and so easy to walk to with luggage.

It will not make much difference in temperature whether you stay in Interlaken or Wengen. Wengen is a lot more picturesque.

Hope this is of help.

Jane

Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    29 October 2019 at 17:14:39 #924346

Hi, jane.

thanks so much , was unsure to book silberhorn hotel wengen or edelweiss wengen.

think will go ahead with silberhorn wengen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2019 at 20:36:16 #924347

Hello Jane,

I personally have never stayed in a hotel in Wengen but please find out recommendations for accommodation in Wengen in below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen/hotels
    http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen/rentals

Best,
    Steph

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    30 October 2019 at 13:04:05 #924348

We stayed at the Maya Caprice this past August. What a great place. Great room. Excellent view! Great location! Big roomy balcony / deck. See attached pictures.

Sorry about the sideways pictures… once they were uploaded I couldn’t see a way to delete them and re-add.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2019 at 17:40:24 #924349

Hi! We stayed at Hotel Edelweiss Wengen and we had a wonderful stay. About 5 mins downhill walk from the train station, our balcony had a view of the Lauterbrunnen valley and the window view of Jungfrau. It is not as fancy as other hotels in the area but the owner and the whole staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had also an option (which we took) of having dinner at the hotel, a 4-course meal for only 25CHF per person which is a very good deal, delicious and freshly prepared by their chef. All the excellent reviews at TA about this hotel are true.

Msradarrat
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 November 2019 at 14:23:48 #924350

Hello

my family of four just returned from a wonderful day at Hotel Schönegg in Wengen. They have family rooms with separate bedroom with bunks plus main bedroom . The hotel is beautiful with a lodge type decor, amazing views and the staff were wonderful. The restaurant is excellent as well.

Anna
    6382 posts
    9 November 2019 at 15:27:33 #924351

Hi Msradarrat,

Thanks for the update. Glad to now you enjoyed your stay in Wengen. That sounds like a hotel my kids and I would love.

Regards,

Anna

Msradarrat
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 November 2019 at 16:29:31 #924352

It was wonderful. Wengen is a village with only commercial vehicles allowed but the hotel as well as all shops and restaurants was very close to train stop. If you like hiking there are trails beginning in town as well. Loved Wengen! When we arrived and the train doors opened, it was like stepping into a story book! Enjoy!

• The thread ‘Recommended hotels in Wengen for mid May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.