About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Wengen - Jungfrau Travel Pass or Regional Pass?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Wengen - Jungfrau Travel Pass or Regional Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jpyaple
Jpyaple
1 post
Jul 13, 2021 - 11:19 AM

Hello all,

I’ve spent an incedible amount of time trying to decide on passes. Like many have said, the Swiss really could not have made the choices much more frustratingly complex! Okay - enough whining.

We are spending 8 days in Wengen. Mom, Dad, and 9 and 12 year old boys. It seems the Jungfrau pass is best for us. More specifically, the top of the world pass seems best. I plan to buy a half fare card as well to give us the best discount on that, the Schilthorn, and the train ride from Milan, and back out to either Munich, Madrid, or back to Milan.

HOWEVERRRRRR…….I now wonder if there is enough for us to do for 8 days. We’re usually pretty aggressive with activities. So now I am back to considering the Berner pass to expand our options. To make the costs similar, I’m thinking of doing 3 days jungfrau and 3 berner, leaving us pass less for 2 days in Wengen. Seems like we could do some biking and stuff to do on those two days.

Any thoughts? Am I missing anything in my cost analysis? What would be the absolute “must do” outside of the Jungfrau pass but inside the Berner?(Besides the lake boats).

Thank you so much to anyone in advance for their time if they choose to respond!

Anna
Anna
1553 posts
top member &
Jul 13, 2021 - 1:39 PM in reply to Jpyaple

Hi Jpyaple,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

There are plenty of things to do in the Jungfrau region for 8 days. Besides Wengen, you can use the Jungfrau Travel Pass to travel to Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Mürren, Wilderswil and Interlaken. The pass also includes boat rides on Lake Brienz and Lake Thun. You can see where the pass is valid here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

You can find more sightseeing suggestions in the Jungfrau region here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion/activities

The Regional Pass Bernese Oberland would work for you if your plan includes visiting places outside of the Jungfrau region but within Berner Oberland: www.myswissalps.com/berneseoberland/activities

You can find details about the pass validity here: www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/validity

This guide explains in simple steps how to choose the best railpass for your trip: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Hope you'll find all these links useful.

Regards,

Anna

Clapham55
Clapham55
1 post
Jul 13, 2021 - 3:48 PM in reply to Anna

With Bernese Oberland pass you can go up the Brienzer Rothorn this is well worth a visit

Gingy500
Gingy500
10 posts
Jul 13, 2021 - 11:57 PM

Also more travel options for rainy days with the Berner Oberland Pass. You could even go to Bern or Luzern on a rainy day with the pass. If you do get the Swiss Half Fare Card, the Berner Oberland pass has a significant discount (35%) while the Jungfrau Travel Pass has a 25% discount. Both have a discount for the top of Jungfraujoch though the discount varies. Schilthorn is 25% with Jungfrau, 50% with Berner pass. Plus longer passes gets you more of a discount. For an 8 day pass it’s 294 Jungfrau, 368 BO.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021