Wengen – Jungfrau Travel Pass or Regional Pass?

• Jpyaple
    Participant
    1 post
    13 July 2021 at 11:19:05 #825933

Hello all,

I’ve spent an incedible amount of time trying to decide on passes. Like many have said, the Swiss really could not have made the choices much more frustratingly complex! Okay – enough whining.

We are spending 8 days in Wengen. Mom, Dad, and 9 and 12 year old boys. It seems the Jungfrau pass is best for us. More specifically, the top of the world pass seems best. I plan to buy a half fare card as well to give us the best discount on that, the Schilthorn, and the train ride from Milan, and back out to either Munich, Madrid, or back to Milan.

HOWEVERRRRRR…….I now wonder if there is enough for us to do for 8 days. We’re usually pretty aggressive with activities. So now I am back to considering the Berner pass to expand our options. To make the costs similar, I’m thinking of doing 3 days jungfrau and 3 berner, leaving us pass less for 2 days in Wengen. Seems like we could do some biking and stuff to do on those two days.

Any thoughts? Am I missing anything in my cost analysis? What would be the absolute “must do” outside of the Jungfrau pass but inside the Berner?(Besides the lake boats).

Thank you so much to anyone in advance for their time if they choose to respond!

• The thread ‘Wengen – Jungfrau Travel Pass or Regional Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.