Wengen-Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg discount

Wengen-Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg discount

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 1:48 PM

I will be staying at Lauterbrunnen in Aug'2018 and wanting to hike the Männlichen - Kleine Scheidegg

trail but I am abit lost looking at the Swiss Pass validity map. Please assist and confirm on the below

(1) Lauterbrunnen to Wengen (round trip) = STP travel free, Half Fare Card 50%

(2) Wengen to Männlichen = STP 50%, HFC 50%

(3) Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen = STP 25%, HFC 50%

FYI - I also look at www.maennlichen.ch/en/ wengenmaennlichen-aerial-cableway.html

rockoyster
rockoyster
3715 posts
expert
Apr 28, 2018 - 8:54 PM in reply to Annie tan

Hello Annie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You have interpreted the maps correctly.

Many people wonder why the STP discount Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen is less than HFC but that’s just the way it is.

Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 7:37 AM

Hi Rockoyster

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes, trying to work out the Swiss Pass validity is really mind boggling. Wish there is a simple way to work it.

Thanks once again.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3715 posts
expert
Apr 29, 2018 - 7:44 AM in reply to Annie tan

Hi Annie,

It's not really that complicated, honest. I'm sure my learned fellow Australian, Alpenrose, won't mind being quoted here . . . . .

"As explained in the legend on the map, red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars, white lines are boats. Solid lines are free, dotted lines are discounted. Discounts are mostly 50%, but only 25% for transport where you see the number "1" inside circle (①) near the dotted line. There are a few grey lines on the map as well, which indicate transport that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Dashed red lines on the map are railway tunnels, and all are on routes that are free with the Swiss Travel Pass."

Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
May 1, 2018 - 9:34 AM

Yes, finally got my head round the validity map interpretation.

My SWiss itinerary almost nailed down now, just need to get the travel pass.

Thanks once again.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018