After some consideration, I will opt NOT to visit Maison Cailler or Lindt Chocolate outlet as it seems to be out of the way. I will indulge in a chocolate experience in either Interlaken or Zermatt. Any suggestions on this ? In exchange of the chocolate tour, I hope to have a cheese farm experience for my kids. Any suggestions on this also ?
So I think I will finalize my itinerary as below :
1) June 22 = Arrival at Zurich by flight @ 6:30am. Will take the 8:40am train from Zurich Airport to Zermatt. SBB mobile app shows that the arrival in Zermatt is at 12:14 with a change in Visp within 6 minutes. Upon arrival in Zermatt, will walk around the village and if group not too tired, may consider to visit Sunnega. Accomodation in Zermatt @ Hotel Coeur Des Alpes.
2) June 23 = Day excursion to Matterhorn ,Glacier Paradise and if time permits to the Gornegratt.
3) June 24 = Depart for BO. I checked and the Golden Line / Glacier Express schedule and the last train on the glacier express is at 9:52 (zermatt to Brig, Brig to Spiez, Spiez to Interlaken) and on reservation on the Zermatt to Brig on the GEX is unavailable anymore as I checked on the GEX website. Seats are available on the earlier trains but I would not like to push my family to leave early. Is the views on this train a lot different that the regular route ( Zermatt to Visp, Visp to Spiez, Spiez to Interlaken). I would prefer to depart at noon from Zermatt and arrive BO area for my hotel checkin at 4pm.
4) June 25 = Day excursion to First, Eiger Cliff Walk, Zipline adventure, Pfigstegg toboggan and perhaps some actitvities around that region.
5) June 26th = Possible excursion to either Jungfrau or Mt Schilthorn with some activities in that related area depending on weather and if not will shuffle the excursion to another day.
6) June 27th = Possible leisure Hike to nearby trails and also possible Cheese Farm visit in the alps.
7) June 28th = Possible Visit to Lauterbrunnen area with its many waterfalls and maybe Interlaken for some activities ( Harderklum) or nearby area.
8) June 29th = Depart from Interlaken to Paris at about 12noon ( Interlaken to Basel to Paris Gare du Lyon.)
Options of staying in BO area = Grindelwald at Parkhotel Schoenegg, or Wengen at Beausite Park Hotel. Any other recommendation. Still considering which to finalize.
Would like recommendation if perhaps I should extend a day in Zermatt or keep the above as is. Also any other recommendations or child friendly activites to add for my itinerary would be helpful.
Thanking you all and look forward on your insights, Avish