Wengen, Schilthorn, Männlichen, First in March

• Jjones
    Participant
    11 posts
    4 March 2020 at 13:15:48 #825406

Thank you for all of your previous help. We have one little piece of our agenda that we are still trying to work out. We will arrive in Wengen from Lausanne at 11:49 am by train on March 20th (following the Golden Pass route from Montreux) and we can depart on the 22nd at anytime. We will be moving to Lucerne late in the day. Below is a list of things that we would like to see and do while in that region. I am having trouble figuring out the best sequence to do these things. We are early morning people so don’t mind getting out and getting going in the morning.

1. Schilthorn (brunch at the revolving restaurant – do we need reservations for this?)- w/ quick stop at Birg – See Murren, Gimmelwald, Lauterbrunnen

2. Kleine Sheidegg w/ possible sledging back to Wengen (I understand this is a very easy route. Correct me if I am wrong because I am looking for a wimp route.)

3. “Grannies Walk” from Mannlichen to Kleine Sheidegg.

4. Mannlichen – Grindelwald – First (Cliff Walk and First Flyer)

Other things that are on our agenda:

The Pool Race in Wengen scheduled for the 20th from 12:00 – 6:00 pm looks interesting for a short stop and it is right across the street from the Arenas which is where we are staying.

We have a dinner reservation in Wengen at Sunstar Grillkota at 7:30 pm on the 20th.

• The thread ‘Wengen, Schilthorn, Männlichen, First in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.