Wengen to First incl. Adventure Pass Cliff walk

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 12:58:43 #812031

From all the reviews, the Adventure Pass (zipline, Bikes, scooter) are best reached in the morning to avoid long (2 hours!!) lines. So, assuming we left Wengen by 8 am (which might be tricky with all these teens) what order should I do? I am thinking of heading to Klein Scheidegg and heading to Grindelwald and then to First. We want to incorporate the Birg thrill walk and also the hike Bachalpsee lake. Can someone help with an itinerary that makes sense while trying to avoid the long afternoon lines. Our time is so short in this region standing in a long line would be brutally frustrating and if that’s the case I would maybe save the money and not do that part. I do, however, think we would all enjoy it. Maybe we should just do the alpine tobaggen from Pfinstegg instead but can’t tell if my older teens would find it lame. Thoughts please…..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 May 2017 at 18:43:04 #864165

Hi Suzanne-

When? Some of those activities may not be available until the trails are safe and snow is gone. Check their web sites. Lines at facilities are very much seasonally dependent.

The Birg Thrill Walk is close to Wengen ( across the Lauterbrunnen Valley on the side of the Schilthorn above Mürren) , but not to First or the Bachalpsee, which are above Grindelwald.

The time table plus map is the best way to figure out an itinerary.

You can cross the Männlichen “peninsula” three ways- via Kleine Scheidegg ( probably the slowest) , via Männlichen ( two cablecars) or via Zweitlütschinen.

The timetable will default to the fastest route, so to understand details, you may need to put in the “via” station to force that routing.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

map.search.ch/?pos=641520,161232&z=16

Zom in and scroll the map. You’ll see transport lines. For stations, use the menus. Under “points of Interest” go to “Traffic” and click on mountain transport and railways.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 19:23:41 #864166

We are there the last week of July which I know can be very crowded. And you are right…. I have been sitting in front of this computer too long. Forget the Thrill Walk. I realize that’s a compeltely different day of our agenda. We may rethink doing the Adventure Pass completely and hike all day instead. Perhaps Schynige Platte instead. We have ziplined many times in many places but hiking this area is once in a lifetime and our time in this area is super short. Only one full day with 1/2 days on either side. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    29 May 2017 at 19:30:16 #864167

Head directly to Grindelwald/First from Wengen and do the activities there. Note that the round trip walk First/Bachalpsee will take two to two and a half hours if you move right along. More if you don’t walk briskly. Suggest you do the zip lines first and that’s where lines may form later. If you want to take the trottibikes back down from Bort (the half way station) to Grindelwald it may be possible to reserve them in advance. don’t know for sure but you could check on your way up

Then if you want to see Kleine Scheidegg return that way from Grindelwald (Grindelwald – Kleine Scheidegg – Wengen) via train.

• The thread ‘Wengen to First incl. Adventure Pass Cliff walk’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.