Wengen to First incl. Adventure Pass Cliff walk

Wengen to First incl. Adventure Pass Cliff walk

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
suzannemcc
suzannemcc
4 posts
May 29, 2017 - 12:58 PM

From all the reviews, the Adventure Pass (zipline, Bikes, scooter) are best reached in the morning to avoid long (2 hours!!) lines. So, assuming we left Wengen by 8 am (which might be tricky with all these teens) what order should I do? I am thinking of heading to Klein Scheidegg and heading to Grindelwald and then to First. We want to incorporate the Birg thrill walk and also the hike Bachalpsee lake. Can someone help with an itinerary that makes sense while trying to avoid the long afternoon lines. Our time is so short in this region standing in a long line would be brutally frustrating and if that's the case I would maybe save the money and not do that part. I do, however, think we would all enjoy it. Maybe we should just do the alpine tobaggen from Pfinstegg instead but can't tell if my older teens would find it lame. Thoughts please.....

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4489 posts
expert
May 29, 2017 - 6:43 PM in reply to suzannemcc

Hi Suzanne-

When? Some of those activities may not be available until the trails are safe and snow is gone. Check their web sites. Lines at facilities are very much seasonally dependent.

The Birg Thrill Walk is close to Wengen ( across the Lauterbrunnen Valley on the side of the Schilthorn above Mürren) , but not to First or the Bachalpsee, which are above Grindelwald.

The time table plus map is the best way to figure out an itinerary.

You can cross the Männlichen "peninsula" three ways- via Kleine Scheidegg ( probably the slowest) , via Männlichen ( two cablecars) or via Zweitlütschinen.

The timetable will default to the fastest route, so to understand details, you may need to put in the "via" station to force that routing.

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

map.search.ch/?pos=641520,161232&z=16

Zom in and scroll the map. You'll see transport lines. For stations, use the menus. Under "points of Interest" go to "Traffic" and click on mountain transport and railways.

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 29, 2017 - 9:24 PM by Slowpoke
suzannemcc
suzannemcc
4 posts
May 29, 2017 - 7:23 PM

We are there the last week of July which I know can be very crowded. And you are right.... I have been sitting in front of this computer too long. Forget the Thrill Walk. I realize that's a compeltely different day of our agenda. We may rethink doing the Adventure Pass completely and hike all day instead. Perhaps Schynige Platte instead. We have ziplined many times in many places but hiking this area is once in a lifetime and our time in this area is super short. Only one full day with 1/2 days on either side. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

kim11
kim11
406 posts
top member
May 29, 2017 - 7:30 PM in reply to suzannemcc

Head directly to Grindelwald/First from Wengen and do the activities there. Note that the round trip walk First/Bachalpsee will take two to two and a half hours if you move right along. More if you don't walk briskly. Suggest you do the zip lines first and that's where lines may form later. If you want to take the trottibikes back down from Bort (the half way station) to Grindelwald it may be possible to reserve them in advance. don't know for sure but you could check on your way up

Then if you want to see Kleine Scheidegg return that way from Grindelwald (Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg - Wengen) via train.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018