Wengen to Aare gorge and hiking Grosse Scheidegg

• lizzy
    Participant
    7 posts
    19 July 2019 at 14:58:53 #822934

Hi

I am trying to plan a full day and I am a bit lost on what is the best route and what exactly to see

We want to see beautiful scenery as I am a photographer and hike

My original plan was to come from Wengen to Grindelwald take the cable car up to first and hike to Grosse Scheidegg passing Schwarzwaldapl for a rest stop … Then the bus to Meiringen and to Aare Gorge ( how does one get to the gorge from Meiringen?? Also I read about Rosenlaui George and Aareschlucht which is the better option

From the end of the day we plan to get back to Wengen how would be do that ??

It will be me and I will be traveling with my 15 and 13 year old sons

thank you for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2019 at 0:23:07 #918183

The simplest option is to travel from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen (WAB railway – green and yellow trains) then BOB railway (blue and yellow train) to Interlaken Ost, then ZB railway (red and white train) Interlaken Ost – Meiringen. From Meiringen you take the MIB (Meiringen Innertkirchen Bahn) railway to Aareschlucht.

You could include a boat trip Interlaken Ost – Brienz as an alternative to the ZB train on that section. (and at Brienz there is also the steam train (to Rothorn)

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 July 2019 at 10:02:13 #918184

Hi Lizzy,

Another option is to travel to Grosse Scheidegg by train and bus. Then hike to Meiringen, seeing the Reichenbach fall on the way and the Aare gorge at the end. You’ll pass Rosenlaui too.

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/grossescheidegg-meiringen

• The thread ‘Wengen to Aare gorge and hiking Grosse Scheidegg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.