Wengen to Jungfraujoch by train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
CraigE
CraigE
30 posts
Sep 10, 2019 - 8:02 PM

Is this Correct ticketing One way with Swiss Half-Fare Card from Wengen to Jungfraujoch(Top of Europe)? There is nothing additional except paying for a return ticket ? Here is a screenshot that I took from SBB. Thank you in advance!

Please login to see the attached documents
rockoyster
rockoyster
7303 posts
expert
Sep 10, 2019 - 9:37 PM in reply to CraigE

I’d pay CHF88 and get a return ticket. It’s a hell of a hike back down from Jungfraujoch! 😉

The official pricelist is here.

Last modified on Sep 10, 2019 - 9:38 PM by rockoyster
CraigE
CraigE
30 posts
Sep 10, 2019 - 10:02 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hahaha!! For some reason I kept looking at advertised fares from (Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch) or (Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch) which I was wrong when filling in my Spreadsheet. Thanks again!

Ildiko
Ildiko
240 posts
active member &
Sep 11, 2019 - 5:47 AM in reply to CraigE

Hi CraigE,

are you using the calculation spreadsheet, that helps you to choose the best rail pass, from here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass? Can you manage it or do you need some help?

CraigE
CraigE
30 posts
Sep 11, 2019 - 1:44 PM in reply to Ildiko

Yes, I am using the spreadsheet. I'm not having a problem using it. I was having a slight problem finding the correct fares for each leg of my journey and which passes covered the routes that I wish to travel. For my journey I am pretty confident that a combination of a Swiss Half Fare Card and a 4 or 5 Day Jungfrau Travel Pass (depending if I wish to take a boat ride on Lake Brienz) will work best. I will be taking boats in Lugano & Locarno. Also, taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Lugano with boat leg on Lake Lucerne toward Wengen. It might be enough boat! LOL !! Thank you for your offer of assistance!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019