Wengen to Lake Como 2 days – scenic train route

• jriley
    Participant
    2 posts
    27 March 2018 at 3:40:01 #814985

Hello MySwissAlps team

I have been really enjoying reading all the wealth of great information that is shared and provided on your site – Thanks.

We have 8 days staying in Wengen in the middle of July which I am REALLY looking forward to (I last visited Murren in 1989) then will have 2 days to get to Lake Como in Italy. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on a scenic train route I could take and possible options for 1 overnight stay to break the trip.

Thanks John from Australia.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 March 2018 at 5:29:01 #879990

G’day John from Australia,

Have you visited Lucerne?

You could have an overnight stay in Lucerne and then take the Gotthard Panorama Express (http://www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) to Lugano and on to Como.

Or if you got an early start from Wengen just connect with the steamer from Lucerne (read previous link) and overnight in Lugano or just go straight through to Como.

rockoyster from Australia 🇦🇺

• The thread ‘Wengen to Lake Como 2 days – scenic train route’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.