Wengen to the Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2018 at 20:45:12 #818317

I will be staying in Wengen, during the week of Christmas this year, and plan on buying a round trip pair of tickets to the Jungfraujoch. I plan on purchasing a swiss travel pass, as well.

I’ve been looking at the tickets for this, from the links on this site, but am confused because I see a round trip package from interlaken, and other options, but am confused.

So, if I’m staying in Wengen and want to buy tickets ahead of time, and will have the Swiss Travel Pass, what tickets should I buy?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 September 2018 at 2:43:55 #896021

Hello Mr Rogers,

Don’t buy the tickets ahead of time. Pick the best day weather-wise to go and buy tickets then (or the day before).

You will get 25% discount on the fare from Wengen to Jungfraujoch and return. Or for more variety you return to Grindelwald and return from there by train to Wengen for free using your Swiss Travel Pass.

You will find the Jungfraujoch timetable at bit.ly/2J5H92u.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2018 at 5:51:53 #896022

Hi MrRogers82,

It is best to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online beforehand at one of the retailers here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. But I agree it’s best to buy on the day of departure in Wengen, or the prior day, before buying the Jungfraujoch ticket. Just go to the Wengen train station, show them the Swiss Travel Pass and ask for a ticket to Jungfraujoch (and returning via Grindelwald is a nice suggestion). If you prefer to buy online, e.g. if your travel day is fixed regardless of the weather, you can: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets.

Rockoyster’s link is the price list for Jungfraujoch (which you’ll get 25% off with your Swiss Travel Pass).

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to find train connections (the schedule past December 9 won’t be released for another month or so). http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2018 at 11:41:20 #896023

Thank you both for all the information! I want sure if I should just wait or not, but glad I asked!

• The thread ‘Wengen to the Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.