Wengen vs. Lake Brienz for an extra night?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2018 at 8:36:22 #817701

Aloha everyone,

I am currently booked for 2 nights at Lake Brienz, after 7 nights in Wengen, after 5 nights in Zermatt, after 12 days on the Haute Route. Need some feedback on whether to stay the full 7 nights in Wengen or stay one less day there and add one more to Lake Brienz. Silly I know to post such a trivial question, but several of you, Kim in particular, are raving fans of Wengen and I just need a little push in either direction.

Mahalo,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    6 August 2018 at 21:06:52 #893414

Allegra mcmahon808

How can I know if you are a guy who would enjoy two or three relaxing days after 24 hiking days (did I get that right?) or if you would not like to miss three more days of hiking?

A revair

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    7 August 2018 at 7:47:43 #893415

Hej,

I would say that 7 days in Wengen is enough, but that’s just me. There is plenty to do in proximity to Lake Brienz. You haven’t said what is happening before you leave Chamonix or after your 2 or 3 nights in the Lake Brienz area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 7:48:43 #893416

Hi mcmahon808,

Certainly this will be best based on your wants and needs but after 7 nights in Wengen I think an extra night on a lake is a nice idea (and you aren’t far from Wengen anyway if you want to visit the area again).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 17:49:13 #893417

Aloha Lucas,

Mahalo for the perspective of being able to return to Wengen which is nearby Brienz should there be something more I wish to experience there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 17:53:20 #893418

Aloha Lucas,

I had to chuckle re: your reply because you are so right in your response. I am not a fan of 2 nights here and there and after so many days of hiking, the decompression time of just chillin’ by Lake Briens for more than a check-in 2 days seemed in order. Mahalo.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 17:55:38 #893419

Aloha Snowman,

This was a response to your post, I inadvertently addressed to lucas. Thanks to you both.

I had to chuckle re: your reply because you are so right in your response. I am not a fan of 2 nights here and there and after so many days of hiking, the decompression time of just chillin’ by Lake Briens for more than a check-in 2 days seemed in order. Mahalo.

• The thread ‘Wengen vs. Lake Brienz for an extra night?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.