Basel to Interlaken & Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 20:52:05 #816387

Hi all.

I hope some of you guys can help us.

So…we are a family of 4. (2 adults and an 8 and 10 y/o) flying in to Basel. From here is it pretty simple to get to the station to get the train to interlaken? From undertaken we are looking at going up to jungfraujoch, harder kulm and schilthorn along with trips up to lauterbrunnen and to trummelbach falls and some others maybe a trip to bern or lucerne. We are staying from Tuesday 23rd up to Sat 27th in interlaken correct me if im wrong but the swiss travel pass flex 4 day is going to be our most economic option with 1 full day being in interlaken with no travel unless we pay for a trip. (Annoying really as we land and get on a train at about 21.30 / 22.00 to get to interlaken for 23.55 so a day wasted of the travel).

My question is to go to jungfraujoch I’m obviously better off buying a junior travel card for the kids as saves me chf 116 bit how do I go about booking or reserving a seat for them as there’s no option for the junior travel card on the booking site.

Thanks in advance guys.

Matt

Ps. Anything else anyone would recommend do around interlaken?

• The thread ‘Basel to Interlaken & Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.