What all to cover in 7 nights in Switzerland

What all to cover in 7 nights in Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mittu114
Mittu114
3 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 9:24 AM

Am traveling with my two kids age 13 and 18 to Switzerland.Will be taking a direct train from Paris to Geneva.will reach Geneva by 12:30pm and stay in gstaad for two nights,Grindelwald for two nights and am little dicy about where to stay for remaining three nights in and near by Lucerne.Pls help me to decide and what all I can do and cover in these days.I will take 8 days Swiss paas.wanna do adventure also with kids

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2018 - 3:31 PM in reply to Mittu114

Hi Mittu114 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think that Lucerne is a great option for 3 nights with the kids - especially if you are interested in trips into the mountains.

Have a look here on what you can do in and around Lucerne. What made you decide on Gstaad and Grindelwald? For more ideas on what to do in those areas look here: Grindelwald & Montreux (near Gstaad).

You can find a PDF map of what routes and mountains are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here & use the SBB timetable to help plan all your train trips around the country.

I hope that helps get you started - let us know if you have further questions!

Last modified on Apr 29, 2018 - 3:33 PM by Lucas
Mittu114
Mittu114
3 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 4:39 AM

Hi thanks for your advise why u said not to go to Gstaad .Changed for Grindelwald instead will stay in Interlaken 2 nights and want to add one night in Zurich.

Should I stay in Gstaad two nights Bec many friends recommended it’s a beautiful place if not then which other place would u recommend

Mittu114
Mittu114
3 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 4:59 AM

Sorry Lucas it’s Gimmelwald and not Grindelwald where I want to stay so have choice instead of Interlaken to stay in Gimmelwald or murron

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 8:09 AM in reply to Mittu114

Hi Mittu,

What is your question? If you should stay in Gimmelwald or Mürren? There are other nice villages as well. Like Wengen. In the end it will be a personal choice. What I like, might not appeal to you.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018