Good 3D/2N itinerary for Switzerland from Geneva?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 3:40:40 #812824

What are good 3D/2N itineraries for a romantic getaway to Switzerland – arrival in Geneva from Paris & return to Paris from Lausanne? ( Arrival at 10 AM in Geneva and Depart at 6 pm from Lausanne)

1. Sorry, I am really overwhelmed with so much to explore, after going through various threads.

2. Tips: to keep it simple, we love exploring the beauty of nature, lakes and fun activities.(quite broad i know) Any help will be highly appreciated.

3. I am also considering to take a 3 day swisspass – Does it really makes sense?

4. Does it make sense to keep Wengen as a base?

Option 1: Arrive in Geneva-maybe then to Lucerne-then to INterlaken-return to Lausanne

Option 2: Arrive in Geneva-INterlaken(stay wengen 2 days)-visit Lucern(via scenic trains)-back to wengen and then to Lausanne

Option 3: Arrive in Geneva(explore Geneva till 4pm)-then to Interlaken(stay wengen 2 days)-then to Lausanne(explore Lausanne during day)

DISCLAIMER: I know it is unfair with this limited time to explore the amazing Switzerland, but given our time constraints, we would like to get at least a taste of the best of Swiss as much possible in 3 days, will come back in the future for sure!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 9:28:12 #867790

Hi Xwanderlust and welcome to MySwissAlps!

With such a short visit I would stick with only one base town to explore an area.

Wengen can work as that base but Lauterbrunnen is close and has some better train connections (though this really depends on your plans in the area).

One of those two towns in the Jungfrau region or Lucerne (with nearby mountains like Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis as well as Lake Lucerne) are the best bases to explore some of the most popular mountains and lakes around Switzerland.

As another thought, Montreux is really close and easy to get to from Geneva. There you can explore Lake Geneva, take the Golden Pass route for a day trip, explore Rochers-de-Naye mountain, take the Chocolate train and even do a day trip to Zermatt and the Matterhorn if you like.

Lots of options as you know! have a look through the links above and see what most appeals to you to help plan your trip. Let us know if you have further questions. Be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable as well to plan all of your trips.

Yes, I do think the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days does make a lot of sense for most of these itineraries.

Lucas

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 August 2017 at 12:40:01 #867791

Hi XWanderlust,

If you wish to see a lot in little time, a guided tour or an independent travel package could be an option. It would save you preparation time, and you will see some wonderful places. Please see here for suggestions:

• The thread ‘Good 3D/2N itinerary for Switzerland from Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.