What are Swiss travel groups advising reg. corona?

• Maloja_Snake
    Participant
    82 posts
    15 May 2020 at 9:23:31 #825551

Is there any central message being disseminated by the industry groups who represent Swiss travel, either centrally, or by region. I found this headline in today’s Washington Post, and it got me wondering what the Swiss tourism industry groups, are currently saying.

“Colorado’s new tourism campaign asks visitors to stay home”

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

CabinJon
    Participant
    280 posts
    15 May 2020 at 14:08:02 #932453

Thanks for posting this question. As a part time Colorado resident, mostly in the summer, I was not aware of the state’s new tourism policy & program. Since this site is for Swiss travel, I will not comment on the Colorado program. Like many others, I too am anxious for a “return to normal.”

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2020 at 15:36:50 #932454

Hi Maloja Snake,

Switzerland Tourism is the biggest tourism related organisation of the country, and they closely follow the regulations set by the government. The last message I saw from them was yesterday: they welcomed back tourists from France, Germany and Austria since those borders will be opened from June 15 (unless something unexpected happens). They don’t say that everything is back to normal (it isn’t), but people can come if they obey the rules.

You can follow the news here:

Maloja_Snake
    Participant
    82 posts
    16 May 2020 at 8:08:50 #932455

In my daily Switzerland webcam exploring and dreaming, I just came across a Swiss variant of the Colorado tourism message. It was on the Fribourg Region tourism website (eg Gruyeres) and their message to tourists:

http://www.fribourgregion.ch/en/

DREAM NOW – TRAVEL LATER

It’s prominently displayed throughout their beautiful website.

Anna
    6382 posts
    16 May 2020 at 12:50:44 #932456

Hi Maloja Snake,

The same message Dream Now – Travel Later is also displayed on the Switzerland Tourism website.

Further talks between the government and tourism representatives are scheduled for the end of May. So let’s wait and see if more restrictions will be lifted and travel for tourism would be allowed again.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘What are Swiss travel groups advising reg. corona?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.