Trip plan for early November - things to do?

Trip plan for early November - things to do?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Sofi123
Sofi123
5 posts
Sep 13, 2017 - 1:19 PM

Hello,

I will be visiting Switzerland from 29 October 2017 till 05 November 2017, my detailed itinerary will be as the following :

29 October : arrival to Zurich in the afternoon, departure on Wednesday,01 November (morning)

01 November : arrival to Luzern ( 1 night stay )

02 November : arrival to Interlaken ( 1 night stay )

03 November : arrival to Geneva ( 2 nights stay )

1. Which of my destinations is the best to Visit the Alps?

2. How can I benefit of my time in Luzern and Interlaken given that my stay will be only 1 night at each town.

3.Which rail pass is recommended to my trip?

4. Is it possible to visit the Rhine Falls in November?

Thank you,

Lucas
Lucas
2855 posts
expert &
Sep 13, 2017 - 5:31 PM in reply to Sofi123

Hi Sofi123,

1. The Alps that you are thinking about (probably) are nearest to Interlaken - this would be Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. But there are several mountains near Luzern that are very popular as well - Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi and Mt. Titlis.
  2. If you are looking to spend time in or near the mountains I would not go to Geneva at all and add nights to Luzern or Interlaken. For ideas of what to do in each town click here: Luzern & Interlaken
  3. I would look at the Swiss Travel Pass
  4. Yes, you can visit the Rheinfall at any time of year

Lucas

Sofi123
Sofi123
5 posts
Sep 13, 2017 - 6:13 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas for your efficient response!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017