What are the things needed to travel to Swiss?

What are the things needed to travel to Swiss?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Paul2
Paul2
3 posts
Feb 27, 2017 - 9:05 AM

What do I need to do to make my journey successful and like how much will it cost me to get to Switzerland?

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Feb 27, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to Paul2

Hi Paul2 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I'm sorry, can you be more specific as to what information you are looking for? Where are you coming from?

Perhaps start with reading our page about getting started in Switzerland first and then ask any specific questions you may have.

Regards,
Lucas

Paul2
Paul2
3 posts
Feb 27, 2017 - 6:42 PM

Am in Italy now

So all I need to know is things lik documents that is required on border

Arno
Arno
9668 posts
expert &
Feb 27, 2017 - 7:57 PM

Hi Paul,

You need a passport in any case. And you may need a Visa for the duration of your stay as well. But that depends on your country of residence. If you have an Italian passport you do not need a Visa. All of this applies to visits of 90 days or less.

Apart from the above you need a motorway vignette if you travel by car.

Last modified on Feb 27, 2017 - 7:59 PM by Arno
Paul2
Paul2
3 posts
Feb 28, 2017 - 4:49 AM

Ok. What if the person didn't have all this u mentioned?,

I only have permission to stay in Italy

Arno
Arno
9668 posts
expert &
Feb 28, 2017 - 3:38 PM in reply to Paul2

Hi Paul,

In that case you would need to obtain those documents as they will check at the border and/or at random anywhere in the country. You can best contact the Swiss embassy in either Italy or your country of residence. They should be able to recommend how to proceed.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017