What mountain is in this painting?

• leoregnier69
    Participant
    7 posts
    10 November 2017 at 21:45:42 #813644

Hello friends.

The picture attached is a painting that was painted by a Swiss artist in 1910 (named Fritz Oswald), and since then belongs to my family, who lived in the region of Basel.

Supposedly that would be the view from your house. The problem is that I think in the region of Basel BL does not have high mountains, with a similar formation.

So I ask: does this mountain seem familiar to anyone? Can you tell me what mountain this is?

Hugs,

Leonardo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    10 November 2017 at 23:56:51 #871762

I found this painting by Osswald. Not sure if it shows the same area. Looks similar. Maybe one of the experts will be able to figure it out from the title of the painting. It’s the painting above the vase of red flowers.

fritzosswald.wordpress .com/2016/10/29/fritz-osswald-a-short-gallery/

leoregnier69
    Participant
    7 posts
    11 November 2017 at 0:41:57 #871763

Hello my friend

Really both are very similar (attached comparison) . The fence is pretty much the same !!

The outline of the mountain changes a little, but it seems to be the same landscape.

Or… another possibility is that this is not a REAL landscape. The painter drew the same fence and two different mountains …

Anyway, thank you for the link. I’ll start a search from there …

• The thread ‘What mountain is in this painting?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.