What mountain is in this painting?

What mountain is in this painting?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
leoregnier69
leoregnier69
7 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 9:45 PM

Hello friends.

The picture attached is a painting that was painted by a Swiss artist in 1910 (named Fritz Oswald), and since then belongs to my family, who lived in the region of Basel.

Supposedly that would be the view from your house. The problem is that I think in the region of Basel BL does not have high mountains, with a similar formation.

So I ask: does this mountain seem familiar to anyone? Can you tell me what mountain this is?

Hugs,

Leonardo

Please login to see the attached documents
Travelbug53
Travelbug53
63 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 11:56 PM

I found this painting by Osswald. Not sure if it shows the same area. Looks similar. Maybe one of the experts will be able to figure it out from the title of the painting. It’s the painting above the vase of red flowers.

fritzosswald.wordpress .com/2016/10/29/fritz-osswald-a-short-gallery/

Last modified on Nov 10, 2017 - 11:59 PM by Travelbug53
leoregnier69
leoregnier69
7 posts
Nov 11, 2017 - 12:41 AM

Hello my friend

Really both are very similar (attached comparison) . The fence is pretty much the same !!

The outline of the mountain changes a little, but it seems to be the same landscape.

Or... another possibility is that this is not a REAL landscape. The painter drew the same fence and two different mountains ...

Anyway, thank you for the link. I'll start a search from there ...

Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018