Rail pass for 5 days Zurich-Murren-Lucerne-Venice?

Rail pass for 5 days Zurich-Murren-Lucerne-Venice?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Suebarrie19
Suebarrie19
1 post
Mar 3, 2018 - 12:43 PM

We are four seniors who will need to travel from Zurich to Murren, then Murren to Lucern, then Lucern to Venice. all by train. We will be staying 2 nights in Murren and two in Lucern, then leave on day 5 for Venice. If I get the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass, what is the best way to start it. Do I buy a single pass from Zurich to Murren, then start the Swiss Pass, or do I start it from Zurich and buy a single pass when I leave Lucern to travel one way to Venice?

Please help me figure out which pass we should get and when to start it.

Thank you so much.

Suebarrie

Lucas
Lucas
5660 posts
expert &
Mar 3, 2018 - 4:19 PM in reply to Suebarrie19

Hi Suebarrie and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To know for sure the best pass for your itinerary you'll need to do the math on your first and last travel days to see which is the cheaper option (Zurich airport to Murren OR Lucerne to Chiasso - which are the Swiss border town).

I would imagine the first trip is a touch more expensive but it could be close. You can buy point to point tickets within Switzerland here (so you don't need to worry about it at the airport).

You can find a spreadsheet on our web page: how to choose the best rail pass to help you.

You can buy tickets from Switzerland to Italy here (you only need to buy a ticket from the border town as your Swiss Travel Pass would cover you until then - assuming you use it on the last day.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018