What season for visit to Davos

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2010 at 9:35:38 #803776

Finally, my uncle settled in Davos and now I can come and visit him, combining this with some trips in the Davos region. I’m not sure what season would be best for a visit to Davos. It’ll probably be autumn but I’m afraid this is such a dull period, with no summer activities and no skiing yet. What do you suggest, should I postpone my trip to the winter season or does Davos has enough to offer in autumn as well (october-november).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 April 2010 at 13:11:19 #831103

Hello Naomi,

A trip to Davos in autumn could turn out to be wonderful. The autumn colours will be beautiful, just as the first snow on the mountain tops. If you’re afraid it could be dull, you can best visit our page http://www.myswissalps.com/da vos and the Davos Tourism website. You can find lots of information there on activities and cable cars. Many of them shut down for a low season break from mid or end October.

If you are looking for some action, my advice would be that you try to visit your uncle early in October. High season is over by then, but many summer activities such as hiking, mountain biking and visiting viewing points, still are possible.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2010 at 12:30:10 #831104

Hi Naomi, if I were you I’d visit Davos outside of the high season! It’s not so crowded then, but in October there’s enough you can do! Bye, Jules

• The thread ‘What season for visit to Davos’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.