What to do in Lucerne if rain is forecasted?

• Tyw567
    Participant
    1 post
    30 July 2022 at 20:24:21 #827922

I’m planning to be in Lucerne on the 7th-9th August and so far it’s scheduled to rain and be cloudy. I was originally planning to go to Jungfraujoch however I’ve now realised I need a back up plan incase the weather doesn’t allow for this.

I really want to go up one of the mountains in the Lucerne area, I was wondering if the cloudy weather wouldn’t be as bad for certain mountains as they’re not as high altitude places like Jungfraujoch? For eg I was thinking of going up Mt Pilatus regardless of the weather (within reason), but is it really not worth it at all if the weather is bad?

I don’t think I’ll be able to come back to Switzerland for a long time after this trip so just want to see what I can. Can anyone give any recommendations for cloudy/rainy weather when I’m here?

thanks!

• The thread ‘What to do in Lucerne if rain is forecasted?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.