What to do in Zermatt with 1.5 year old?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 17:23:50 #821643

hi! My initial plan was to visit Klein Matterhorn but am afraid that the altitude will be too much for my 1.5 year old boy to handle. As i will be staying in Zermatt for 2 days, can you suggest if Gornergrat is a better option? Or should i just continue travelling towards KM but maybe alight at Trockener Steg? My main purpose will be seeing the beautiful scenery… and if you suggest Gornergrat, what are the activities i can do there?

thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    14 May 2019 at 19:04:24 #912359

Hi Jamestan89,

Unfortunately all places you mentioned are too high for a child under 2 years old. You can go to Sunnegga, and there are many hiking/walking trails in lower terrain. Of course you could check with your pediatrician, he/she may say it’s fine. More information can be found on these pages:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 6:07:17 #912360

hi Annika

thanks for the reply. I have tried to use SBB to check for the tickets from Zermatt to Sunnegga but there is an error “Unfortunately, the selected offer is not available. Please choose another product or contact Support.”

where can i check and book the cable car ride from Zermatt to Sunnegga? thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2019 at 6:21:37 #912361

Hi Jamestab89,

It does that if you pick a date when the funicular is not operating yet. If you pick a date in June, for example, you’ll see departure times. You can fill out “Zermatt (Talstation Sunnegga)” to “Sunnegga” in the advanced timetable here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. There is no need to book this in advance.

• The thread ‘What to do in Zermatt with 1.5 year old?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.