What to expect on a Titlis tour from Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2019 at 13:27:02 #822847

I am taking an all-day tour from Zurich to Mt Titlis on a Saturday in Sept. If you have taken a similar tour, what were your concerns or suggestions for a more pleasant trip. Such details as clothes needed, food to bring or not, don’t miss activities available, or your impressions, good or bad. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2019 at 14:04:30 #917770

Hi Rita,

I can only give you input from a guide’s point of view, as I accompany such tours from Zurich to Mount Titlis. 🙂

– One important advise is to arrive early in Zurich, as seating is free on the tours and like this you can choose your seat! 😉
    – Clothes, resp. jackets and shoes, can be rented on Mount Titlis,, so no need to bring it, but an extra layer or two is always recommended in the mountains. Make this dependant on your overall packing for the trip.
    – Food is provided on Mount Titlis in two restaurants (one self-service, once served) until around 4 pm but they also provide “picknick areas”, where one is allowed to eat food brought along. So again, your choice.
    – On the peak of Mount Titlis, you can use the Ice-Flyer (chairlift) taking you to the Snow Fun area, there’s the Titlis Cliff Walk (a suspension bridge), a photo studio to make fun pictures of you in traditional Swiss clothes, e.g. and – of course, snow!!!
    On the half-way station of Trübsee, there is a lake (See in German) where you can do some walking, etc.
    However on a guided tour, you might not have the time, as time on the mountain is limited. Which brings me to my last advise:
    – Make sure you are at the meeting point on time for departure, in the worst case you risk being left behind! This rarely happens, but the tour operators will not wait (long) for late-comers.

Now that was a good amount of *insider* advise you’ve organised there! Well done! 😉

Also see:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘What to expect on a Titlis tour from Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.