What”s included in a day ski pass in Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2018 at 22:56:48 #814646

Hello and thank you so much for your website. It has been tremendously helpful in my 0lanning a 6 day trip later this month.

I cannot find what is included in a day ski pass in the Jungfraujosh area. Could someone help me?

it is probably an easy thing to guess for skiers but I am not one!

ttanks a lot

Milena

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 March 2018 at 2:38:24 #877911

Hello Milena,

I don’t really know but given you are not a skier maybe the Hiking and Sledging Pass may be more appropriate? See http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauhikingsledgingpa ss

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2018 at 7:04:27 #877912

Hi Milena and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You may find the information you are looking for here as well: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/jungfrau-ski-region/

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 March 2018 at 8:11:22 #877913

The pass that Rockoyster suggested is the best one for non-skiers. An actual ski pass includes lifts you won’t be able to use, yet pay for anyway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2018 at 9:36:02 #877914

Thank you guys, this is very helpful. Their website was not that informative but now I know everything about the pass….more calculations to follow on your super spreadsheet!!(thanks for that too)

If I may shift the to another question, can I ask for your opinion of heading to Glacier 3000 on 30 March. It seems a lot of activities are going to be closed, e.i. the snow bus, the tobbogan. Is the Peak Walk itself and the journey there worth it? We might be in Gstaad that evening – what else in the area is worth a visit?

thank you

Milena

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2018 at 13:40:14 #877915

Hi Milena,

Don’t worry about the Snow Bus, you can just walk the same route across the glacier in about 45 minutes (each way). Lovely walk to a great view point and small restaurant – especially if the weather is nice!

I’m not sure if the Cliff Walk itself is worth the journey (several mountains have a similar feature in Switzerland) but it is only 30 minutes from Gstaad, & the Glacier walk and views up there are great. So if the weather is nice and you want a mountain excursion I’d go for it.

You can read about my recent day trip from Zurich to the Glacier 3000 here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2018 at 20:46:56 #877916

Thank you Lucas,

The night in Gstaad was to ease the travel to the Glacier, but after reading your report we might stay in Interlaken where we would be otherwise and only embark on the journey if the weather looks nice. If this is doable from Zurich it’s doable from Interlaken!

it seems you had fun that day and I am hoping we will get the sun too, so we can walk on the Glacier.

Thanks again

Milena

• The thread ‘What”s included in a day ski pass in Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.