Weather in Wengen mid June – rain every day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 2:17:11 #816451

Hello everyone,

We are traveling to Wengen next week and have been checking the weather channel for the past several weeks and it looks like it is raining there every day. Is this normal for this time of year? We are there only for two and half days and we really hope to see the area.

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 June 2018 at 3:10:11 #887426

You might find this more encouraging than the “weather channel”.

In Switzerland the weather will be what it will be and you may not know until 24 to 48 hours before what it is going to do.

Late May and early June last year we had over 3 weeks with no rain and hardly a cloud in the sky the entire time.

Good luck.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 3:16:18 #887427

Thank you rockoyster! It is a bit more encouraging! I guess we will have to wait and be surprised! 🙂

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    6 June 2018 at 0:20:27 #887428

A friend of mine in Grindelwald once told me it never rains there, but every now and then they have to wash the mountains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 1:54:18 #887429

We will be in Murren for 4 nights beginning the 15th of June. I have also been following the forecast which at first glance looks dreadful. However, i also check the webcams throughout the day and see plenty of blue skies, even on days that had rainy forecasts. It will be what it will be, but that has given me some comfort:) Safe travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 14:30:46 #887430

We arrived in Wengen Wednesday evening and the weather hasn’t been bad. It rained one night and there was a shower this afternoon but now the sun is shining again. It hasn’t stopped us from doing what we planned to do

Loisb8
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 June 2018 at 5:46:27 #887431

Thanks for these posts. We arrive in Wengen in 1 1/2 weeks and I too have been watching the weather for the past month with dismay. I’m glad to hear there is sun as well as the clouds and rain. 👍🏼😁

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    9 June 2018 at 17:42:37 #887432

Hi Lois-

I just got back from two weeks in Switzerland with rain in the forecast every day. I had sunny weather every day; in the late afternoon or early evening I had rain or showers for a half an hour or so on about half the days.

Only one day ( the 30th) when I was in Bern , did the storm come through at about 3PM. Went away in 15 minutes.

You are looking at the wrong weather site.

This one, although not perfect, is a lot better than the Weather Channel:

http://www.meteocentrale.ch/e n/europe/weather-switzerland/map/108/

Also- read this page especially about the weather:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland

Slowpoke

Loisb8
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 June 2018 at 20:55:16 #887433

Slowpoke, thanks so much for your reply! We are so excited for our visit!!

• The thread ‘Weather in Wengen mid June – rain every day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.