Oct 27, 2017 - 11:50 PM
in reply to teensy
>> I would welcome any other tips.
You will probably get some useful tips once you post details of your itinerary, including dates of travel, where you will be staying overnight (and for how many nights), and what you plan to do at each of your overnight locations.
For an 11-day trip, I would suggest no more than 4 overnight stops. If you plan on incorporating scenic train trips into your itinerary, your overnight stops should be chosen with those routes and travel times in mind.
This map of scenic routes in Switzerland might help with your planning:
www.sbb.ch/content/dam /sbb/en/pdf/en_bahnhof -services/en_am-bahnhof/en_unsere-bahnhoefe/panoramic-routes.pdf
The Wilhelm Tell Express is now called the Gotthard Panorama Express.
Travel times for the scenic routes (one way) are as follows:
- Golden Pass Line (part) from Luzern to Interlaken Ost: 1 hour 50
- Golden Pass line (part) from Interlaken Ost to Montreux: 3 hours 05
- Palm Express (PostBus) from Lugano to St Moritz: 3 hours 48
- Voralpen-Express from Luzern to St. Gallen: 2 hours 16
- RegioExpress Lötschberger (full) from Bern to Brig: 1 hour 41
- RegioExpress Lötschberger (part) from Spiez to Brig: 1 hour 08
- Centovalli Railway from Locarno to Domodossola: 1 hour 46
If you want to calculate travel time for short sectors along these routes, you can use the Swiss Timetable:
Last modified on Oct 28, 2017 - 7:04 AM by Arno