Bike rental suggestion and trail ideas near Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2018 at 4:18:41 #817417

Hello,

Can anyone recommend where I can rent a bike in or near Wengen, where I will be staying for 3 days in August? I would like to spend at least one day where I just spend the day riding a bike around – not strenuous biking where I’ll be worn out and exhausted, but just mild biking. And can you recommend some good biking trails? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2018 at 12:22:33 #892154

Hi Lttwm15,

Try Central Sport in Wengen: http://www.centralspor t.ch/de/

We don’t have details here on biking paths in the area, but the bike shop should have some answers for you. There is quite a bit of available trails for you. (Wengen is on a hillside though).

One non-strenuous option is the route to Stechelberg from Lauterbrunnen (or back to Interlaken).

https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/lauterbru nnen-stechelberg

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2018 at 16:51:41 #892155

We are just back from Wengen and like Lucas said it is half way up a mountain so hilly, there are some nice flat parts we went walking to. If you go past the coop and then take a right under the bridge past the little puppet theatre and basically follow the path straight ahead without cutting off downhill you can go for quite some distance and pass some nice scenery, streams etc.

Den

• The thread ‘Bike rental suggestion and trail ideas near Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.