Where to stay for Rhine Fall, Interlaken, Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2019 at 19:12:03 #822090

Hi,

I am going to visit Switzerland 4-5 days in the end of June. I will start from South Germany by car, my plan route is: Schaffhausen, Rhein Falls, Zurich, Lucern, Interlaken area (Saubbach Falls, Jungfrau, Schilthorn etc), Zermatt (Glacier Express), then go on to Italy(Milan).

Can somebody please suggest an itinerary and give tips on where to choose as a base for the trip, where to stay, what is the best transportation etc.

Thank you very much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 June 2019 at 17:39:57 #914413

Hi He limingo2, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There’s not really one location in Switzerland that easily fits all of your desired destinations. So you’d either pick several base towns close to the activities you’re interested in (e.g. one or several nights in Zurich, Interlaken and Zermatt each), or one base location making longer day trips. If you prefer the latter option, I think Interlaken would qualify best.

If I were you I’d make all trips by public transportation: myswissalps.com/travel /inswitzerland. The timetable allows you to find traveling times from any base town to your destinations: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

You seem to be doing a lot of traveling, so definitely consider a Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass) or one of the other rail passes: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

• The thread ‘Where to stay for Rhine Fall, Interlaken, Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.