Where to stay for Rhine Fall, Interlaken, Zermatt?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
He liming02
He liming02
2 posts
Jun 7, 2019 - 7:12 PM

Hi,

I am going to visit Switzerland 4-5 days in the end of June. I will start from South Germany by car, my plan route is: Schaffhausen, Rhein Falls, Zurich, Lucern, Interlaken area (Saubbach Falls, Jungfrau, Schilthorn etc), Zermatt (Glacier Express), then go on to Italy(Milan).

Can somebody please suggest an itinerary and give tips on where to choose as a base for the trip, where to stay, what is the best transportation etc.

Thank you very much!

Annika
Annika
5175 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2019 - 5:39 PM

Hi He limingo2, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There's not really one location in Switzerland that easily fits all of your desired destinations. So you'd either pick several base towns close to the activities you're interested in (e.g. one or several nights in Zurich, Interlaken and Zermatt each), or one base location making longer day trips. If you prefer the latter option, I think Interlaken would qualify best.

If I were you I'd make all trips by public transportation: myswissalps.com/travel /inswitzerland. The timetable allows you to find traveling times from any base town to your destinations: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

You seem to be doing a lot of traveling, so definitely consider a Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass) or one of the other rail passes: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019