Where to base ourselves in the Ticino region?

• Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    7 January 2019 at 3:31:58 #819387

Hi again,

Looking for advice on where to base ourselves in the Ticino region – Bellinzona, Locarno, or Lugano, or elsewhere. Or stay a night or two in each?

Thanks,

Narelle

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2019 at 9:36:03 #901654

Hi Rels,

How long are you there for? I’d probably stick to one base town in general – Lugano having perhaps the best rail connections and more things to see/do nearby. http://www.myswissalps.com/lu gano

Locarno / Ascona is also very popular destination as well. It may really depend on what you want to do/see while you are in Ticino: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti cino

Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    7 January 2019 at 10:11:17 #901655

Thanks guys,

We have 5 weeks in total, but already I’m going to have to cut out a few places as we won’t have the time! Will send through our draft itinerary as soon as possible for overall comment.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2019 at 10:32:06 #901656

Right 5 weeks in Switzerland – very nice. Well it’ll depend on how long you plan on being in Ticino. Less than 4 nights I’d stick with one base town.

• The thread ‘Where to base ourselves in the Ticino region?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.