Where to buy SwissPass and activation dates

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 14:50:45 #816351

Hi! We will be arriving at interlaken on the night of june 13. Can I buy a swisspass in interlaken ost or interlaken west? (because i’ve read some posts about these train stations not having available swisspasses) also, can I buy a swisspass and use it/activate it on the same day I bought it? Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2018 at 16:23:49 #886929

Welcome to MySwissAlps Kwonyuri608!

If you have actually been reading about SwissPasses you may have found confusing information because that is a pass only for people living in Switzerland. The pass you need as a tourist is called Swiss Travel Pass. It is an entirely different product, and you can find all details about it here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

Where to buy such a pass can be found on http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. As you can see there, you can buy it locally at a staffed station like Interlaken Ost/West during opening hours (you will need to bring the passports of all travelers). It is more convenient to simply buy it online (for any start date you prefer) and print it at home. The page shows you several options for that. That’s what most people do nowadays. That way you can skip the ticket office and board any train right away. No activation needed. Also you can print spare copies to eliminate the risk of lost and theft.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 23:45:17 #886930

Both Interlaken stations have efficient travel centres which will sell Swiss transport tickets of all types including tourists passes. You can use them as soon as you walk out of the office onto the station

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 7:44:17 #886931

Thank you so much for your reply! Our schedule isn’t that quite organized that’s why we’re just planning to just get it there. Also, upon buying the swisstravel pass in interlaken, we can use it right away right? as long as the date is valid on the day we bought it? thanks again 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 7:44:43 #886932

Thank you so much for your reply 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 June 2018 at 8:53:12 #886933

Hi Kwonyuri608,

You can pick any start date, even the same day. Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 12:11:33 #886934

Thank you so much for the very fast response!!! Thank you and I hope you’ll have a good day 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 22:54:27 #886935

Yes, you can use it right away. That’s what I meant when I said “You can use them as soon as you walk out of the [travel] office onto the station”.

I did this last year. My wife and I have had Swiss Half Fare cards (SHFC) for many years, and we were camping in Interlaken. We had made no firm plans but decided whilst relaxing after dinner outside our tent on the first night to get Bernese Oberland Pass with SHFC discount so just went to Interlaken West station the next morning, obtained the cards, went back onto the station platform and caught the next train thus using the validity of the pass immediately.

• The thread ‘Where to buy SwissPass and activation dates’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.