Where to buy the Swiss Travel Pass in Italy?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2015 at 5:17:47 #808145

Hi all,

I’m Malaysian. I will going to switzerland from italy by train. I would like to start my journey in switzerland from station domodossola. From the swiss pass function, i found that I can start using swiss pass from domodossola to enter switzerland. Thus, may I buy the swiss travel pass in domodossola station?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 November 2015 at 6:22:43 #847078

Welcome to MySwissAlps cspuah627!

The Swiss Travel Pass is indeed valid from Domodossola, but I don’t think you can buy a pass there. You can buy it online or from staffed Swiss rail stations. I would be inconvenient to buy it in Domodossola anyway, as you would have to get off the train to buy it and wait for the next train. You’d better buy it online from one of the websites listed here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. That saves you time and money.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2015 at 7:00:43 #847079

Noted that. thanks for your advise.

One more question, my friend birth is 04 March 1990. Thus, can she buy YOUTH TICKET? Our travelling day are 12/12/2015 until 15/12/2015

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 November 2015 at 10:03:45 #847080

She won’t be 26 yet during the trip, so she can indeed buy the youth version of the pass. Please see here for prices:

• The thread ‘Where to buy the Swiss Travel Pass in Italy?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.