Where to buy bed sheets etc for Swiss mtn hut

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Karipoby
Karipoby
2 posts
Jul 28, 2018 - 4:41 AM

We are already in Switzerland, and are planning a stay at a mountain hutte. We need travel sheets/bag liners, but I can’t figure where I can buy these. I don’t have enough time to order online. Any suggestions on a store that might have them regularly stocked? I am near Montreux but can drive. I need something very lightweight as I carry the pack for my family of four.

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Jul 28, 2018 - 7:45 AM in reply to Karipoby

Hi Karipoby,

Probably an outdoor store is a good bet. Some basic sheets etc. could be bought at a bigger Migros grocery store. What town are you in or will be in to shop?

I'd also stop at the local tourist information office for the town as well.

Karipoby
Karipoby
2 posts
Jul 28, 2018 - 9:05 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for your response! I’m in Monthey. I think we are going to check out Sportxx, but we can stop by Migros as well. Would Migros have the travel sheets, or just regular bedsheets?

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Jul 28, 2018 - 4:59 PM in reply to Karipoby

No, just regular bed sheets. Sportxxx is part of Migros I think so you can probably look at both at the same time.

Snowman
Snowman
271 posts
top member
Jul 28, 2018 - 7:33 PM in reply to Karipoby

Usually silk sleeping bags are preferred. Because they are the lightest option (though not the cheapest...) Normally, the hut provides blankets if necessary. Go to a sports outfitter. There are three in Monthey.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018