Where to exchange CHF to USD in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 18:49:20 #816803

Hi I am almost near the end of a wonderful and beautiful trip to Switzerland .

i have a few francs remaining.. want to convert it to usd .

1) should I convert it here or in my home country .

2) if here where is the best place which gives a best rate .

3) how much commission do they charge to convert to usd

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 6:40:24 #889028

Hi Impactedmind,

Usually banks give the best rate – whether the banks here have better rates than at your home I don’t know. I’d exchange it here I think. Just avoid the companies at the airport – they tend not to give good rates.

SBB offices also exchange money at many larger train stations which I’ve used before. Or just buy more Swiss chocolate to use up the last CHF. 😉

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:32:49 #889029

I like the chocolate suggestion 🙂 That way you don’t loose a percentage of your money and you’ll get something in return. Another suggestion is to hold on to the money for your next trip 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 12:35:54 #889030

Hi I like both the ideas. More chocolate and cheese for me and next trip definitely…:))

maniimjach
    Participant
    32 posts
    22 June 2018 at 12:51:35 #889031

or keep them for your next Swiss trip:)

• The thread ‘Where to exchange CHF to USD in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.