What to do: Matterhorn / Glacier Express or Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 9:07:07 #815477

Hi we r planning to Switzerland is in June for 4 days . We r reaching Zurich on 16 th morning of June we will go direct from Zurich airport to interlaken by train . We will stay two nights in interlaken . On 17 th we plan to go Jungfrough . On 18 th we will checkout and will go to Lucern and will stay there for two nights and plan to go Mount Titlis on 19 th . On 20 th we will check out and stay in Zurich for one night . I want to know is Matterhorn is better then Titlis coz we have very Limited time and we want to see glacier train also . Please help me to make itinerary.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 April 2018 at 9:53:29 #882969

Hello Kiranchawia and welcome to MySwissalps,

You seem to have a good plan. Don’t try to do everything.

The Matterhorn is a mountain you look at from a distance. Titlis is a mountain you go up.

If you like the idea of looking at the Matterhorn then go to Zermatt instead of Lucerne and catch the Glacier Express (http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress) from there to Chur and then on to Zurich. Note: You won’t see any glaciers despite the name of the train.

If you choose Lucerne and Titlis forget the Glacier Express.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 4:38:29 #882970

Thank you so much for you reply I think I ll go to Lucern .

• The thread ‘What to do: Matterhorn / Glacier Express or Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.