What to do: Matterhorn / Glacier Express or Titlis

What to do: Matterhorn / Glacier Express or Titlis

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kiranchawla
Kiranchawla
2 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 9:07 AM

Hi we r planning to Switzerland is in June for 4 days . We r reaching Zurich on 16 th morning of June we will go direct from Zurich airport to interlaken by train . We will stay two nights in interlaken . On 17 th we plan to go Jungfrough . On 18 th we will checkout and will go to Lucern and will stay there for two nights and plan to go Mount Titlis on 19 th . On 20 th we will check out and stay in Zurich for one night . I want to know is Matterhorn is better then Titlis coz we have very Limited time and we want to see glacier train also . Please help me to make itinerary.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3914 posts
expert
Apr 23, 2018 - 9:53 AM in reply to Kiranchawla

Hello Kiranchawia and welcome to MySwissalps,

You seem to have a good plan. Don't try to do everything.

The Matterhorn is a mountain you look at from a distance. Titlis is a mountain you go up.

If you like the idea of looking at the Matterhorn then go to Zermatt instead of Lucerne and catch the Glacier Express (www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress) from there to Chur and then on to Zurich. Note: You won't see any glaciers despite the name of the train.

If you choose Lucerne and Titlis forget the Glacier Express.

Last modified on Apr 23, 2018 - 10:43 AM by Chantal
Kiranchawla
Kiranchawla
2 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 4:38 AM

Thank you so much for you reply I think I ll go to Lucern .

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018