Where to go for last 2 days after Wengen

• Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    17 September 2018 at 13:17:00 #818396

We are flying into Zurich & heading straight to Lucerne.

We will be in Lucerne for two days and then Wengen from Sunday until Wednesday.

I have no reservations made from then on. We fly out of Zurich on Friday around 1:30. I thought we would just go back to Zurich and stay but I’m torn.

Bern, Zurich, somewhere else, or just add another day to Wengen if possible?

Thanks so much.

Melanie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2018 at 18:32:11 #896380

Hi Melanie,

If you know or think you want to spend as much time in the mountains as you can then I would stay in Wengen and explore the Jungfrau region: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion

If you are looking for a city experience, you can’t go wrong with either Bern or Zurich I think.
    What do you think you’ll want to see/do in your last two days? You could even go to Zermatt to see the Matterhorn or go to Montreux to see the French side of the country – lots to choose from!

Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    18 September 2018 at 0:27:47 #896381

I thought about Montreux. Maybe I do a little research into that.

Nothing like last minute. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2018 at 7:10:53 #896382

Very true! Especially if you have a Swiss Travel Pass which is great for just hopping on most trains and finding a seat! http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    19 September 2018 at 12:03:18 #896383

I bought the half pass.

It was just to much to decide where we were going every day or how many times. We are going to see how the weather is each day and go from there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2018 at 18:46:38 #896384

That is another good way to go for it. You’ll save a money one way or the other and it saves the math. 🙂

Happy travels

Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    22 September 2018 at 13:01:05 #896385

Lucas,

I posted a question to you but I don’t know where it went. Maybe I didn’t hit reply. I was asking for help deciding on the last two days in Switzerland. We can get another night at our chalet in Wengen as I checked a few days ago.

We have two nights Lucerne and four nights in Wengen. I like the idea of staying in two places as this is a shorter international vacation then we normally do. It seems as tho there is plenty to do in that area and we could take a few day trips to Interlaken, Thun, Spienz if the weather is bad in Wengen.

We fly out of Zurich so I thought we could see old town and get dinner on our last night as we will stay there to catch our flight out at 1:30 on Friday. I can’t decide what to do and need help. IDK why I’ve struggled with deciding this time…..I usually don’t….. but there is so much to see & of course I don’t want to miss anything but I know that’s not realistic. I think having a few less days of vacation is why I’m indecisive.

If it were your trip and you had a couple days left, where would you go? 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2018 at 16:50:30 #896386

I think that is the question you asked on this thread? At the top of the page and I replied to you. 🙂

You were going to look into Montreux: http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux
    I’d also maybe look at Lugano as an option: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu gano

Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    22 September 2018 at 17:30:01 #896387

Thank you. Yes I asked earlier and after a lot of thought I was toying with the idea of staying put in Wengen. I’ll just have to make a decision & be done with it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2018 at 6:19:54 #896388

If you want more mountain time stay in Wengen. I can’t recall if you said when you are traveling but Lugano and the Ticino region is like being in Italy – a great place and quite different from the other regions of Switzerland. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti cino

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    25 September 2018 at 2:00:31 #896389

Hi Ladynole35,

I just spent 3 nights in Wengen and finished my trip in Lucerne, (before heading out via Zurich). 2 nights on the ground and one up on Mt. Pilatus. That is a spectacular way to end a trip. I spent 26 hours on the mountain and it was worth every minute. They are past the busy season so you probably will have no problem getting a room at this short time. I was one of a total of 17 guests up there for the night. You get a magnificent dinner, continental breakfast, and a welcoming appertiffe at 6:00 pm to welcome the guests. Also included in the price of your room is the ascent/descent tickets. Can’t be beat. Sunset and sunrise were phenomenal, hiking, and some even started their hang-gliding adventure from up there. I would look into it if its not too late. Hope you can take advantage of this and good luck. Have fun.

Danielsan

Ladynole35
    Participant
    20 posts
    25 September 2018 at 11:42:32 #896390

Thank you so much. I decided to just add a night to our stay in Wengen but we do have the last night b4 we leave out of Zurich.

I haven’t decided if we will stay in Lucerne or Zurich. If we have good weather in Lucerne on the first few days of our vacation, we will probably head to Zurich (see old town & have dinner) and head to the airport the next morning.

I will check out the mountain tho.

Melanie

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    25 September 2018 at 22:31:20 #896391

Hi Ladynole35,

The three nights in Wengen were spectacular. If you are looking for something to do, the Jungfrau is always a must for the region. I didn’t go, however due to weather and getting a late start. I just walked around the village taking pictures my first full day. Although overcast, it was a beautiful and relaxing day and I could see that the Manlichen was always in the clouds. The next day I took train down to Lauterbrunnen, the cable car up the Grutschalp and hiked down to Murren. Spectacular scenery, with the Junfrau in front of me the whole time. I intended to walk to Wineregg (half way point) but had a drink there and continued to walk all the way to Murren. Glad I did as it was unbelieveable. Unfortunately I missed the last cable car to the Schilthorn by ten minutes. So I took the cable cars down to Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen and the bus to the train station. From there I continued into Interlaken Ost and took the funicular to the Harder Kulm for some more spectacular scenery above the two lakes, where I caught the sunset and some dinner. Truly a beautiful day to be had. There is so much to do and to choose from that 3 days and nights in Wengen just weren’t enough. Hope you have a great time although it would be hard not to, depending on the weather. Cheers!!

Danielsan

• The thread ‘Where to go for last 2 days after Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.