Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Where to go instead of Lugano

Where to go instead of Lugano

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mandi88
Mandi88
5 posts
Mar 14, 2020 - 3:33 PM

Hi, we are currently in Switzerland and have been advised to cancel our accommodation in Lugano, due to the Corona Virus, so we are now looking to spend 2 nights somewhere else. We will be travelling from St Moritz and heading for Lucerne where we will spend our last 4 nights. We will have already been to Zurich, Interlaken, Montreux, Zermatt and St Moritz. We have a Swiss Travel Pass. Looking for suggestions please.

Anna
Anna
836 posts
top member &
Mar 14, 2020 - 4:14 PM in reply to Mandi88

Hi Mandi88,

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip to Lugano.

As an alternative, I would recommend spending a couple of days in the Bernese Oberland (www.myswissalps.com/berneseoberland)

Maybe the areas around Lake Thun or Kandersteg. Or you could go to Neuchatel.

While travelling, do take the necessary precautions in view of the current situation around the Codiv-19 outbreak. The SBB recommends the following 'clever commuting' tips:

• maintain distance from other people if possible when waiting at stations or stops
  • maintain distance from other people as far as possible and follow the hygiene rules and behaviour recommendations
  • avoid travelling at peak times as far as possible. Peak time is from 06:00 to 09:00 and in the evenings from 16:00 to 19:00 on weekdays. It may differ depending on the route and train
  • if you have symptoms of a respiratory illness (e.g. coughing and fever), please do not use public transport

Safe travel and regards,

Anna

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7496 posts
expert
Mar 15, 2020 - 1:02 AM in reply to Mandi88

Hi Mandi88-

Do you have particular interests?

Museums, hiking, old towns, photography, food, skiing...?

Slowpoke

ssuda70
ssuda70
13 posts
Mar 15, 2020 - 7:11 AM

Hi Mandi88,

You can spend some time around lake Brienz or go to Lauterbrunnen and have free STP cable car to Murren.

Best Regards

Simon

Suzanne
Suzanne
344 posts
top member
Mar 15, 2020 - 5:17 PM

Hello Mandi88,

I am sorry to read about you having to change your travel plans.

I would agree that the Bernese Oberland would be great to spend extra time there as an alternative. I will attach some links regarding that region and in and around Lucerne to help you decide:

Bernese Oberland:

In the meanwhile, please keep posted with travel recommendations regarding the virus with the below links:

Take care and good luck!

Suzanne

Mandi88
Mandi88
5 posts
Mar 15, 2020 - 9:21 PM

Thank you everyone for your help.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020