Where to go sledging in Switzerland in December?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2018 at 17:39:56 #818594

Hello!

I am hoping that someone can offer some advice on where to go sledging in mid December?

I will be travelling with my 7 year old daughter as she really wants to see/play in the snow. We will be going between 13th-16th December. I was thinking about Grindelwald, but it looks like buses to Bussalp only begin around the 16th and even then I am not sure if there will be guaranteed snow at this altitude in the snow park.

I was wondering if we could visit the Jungfraujoch, but it seems the Snow Fun Park there closes from October even though there would definitely be snow?

Does anyone have suggestions for any other resorts or places where we would be able to go sledging at this time of year?

Thanks for your help!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2018 at 6:31:12 #897265

Hi senhorzorro and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think Grindelwald and the area (Bussalp & Eiger run) is your best bet at that time. Is that where you will be staying or have you decided where in Switzerland you will be traveling to?

Everything is weather dependent (they typically don’t list start dates because of that). Skiing can open in late November if the weather is good, for example.

• The thread ‘Where to go sledging in Switzerland in December?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.