Non crowded hiking in Switzerland in August?

Non crowded hiking in Switzerland in August?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lauriesam
Lauriesam
8 posts
Feb 11, 2018 - 3:48 AM

I am returning to Switzerland this August after being away for 30+ years. I lived and worked in Zurich for almost four years and traveled extensively. I will be flying in and out of Zurich and have about 6/7 days. I am looking for someplace off the beaten path to do some hiking, perhaps in Graubünden or outside of Lugano/Locarno. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have been to Zermatt which is stunning and Wengen Laterbrunen as well, but am afraid those places are too touristy. I am excited to return and see some places I haven’t seen before. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mark
Mark
192 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 3:28 AM

Hi Lauriesam

Have you looked at Sils Maria?I haven’t any first hand knowledge but a previous thread made it sound like good hiking and not touristy. Mark

fredch
fredch
55 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 6:18 AM in reply to Lauriesam

Here are two links to my favorite hikes.

fredmishmash.blogspot. ch/2006/02/hike-in-bergun-to-preda-with-adventure.html

fredmishmash.blogspot. ch/2006/02/hike-through-bergalia-bergell.html

I would be surprised if you saw a dozen people on these walks. Read the blogs. Not hard walks. Gorgeous too.

Arno
Arno
11162 posts
expert &
Feb 12, 2018 - 10:53 AM

Hi Lauriesam, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The places you mentioned are touristy indeed. Another factor counts as well though: the longer and more difficult a trail is, the less people you'll encounter. Graubünden is a good idea. Lots and lots of hiking trails there. I remember a hike in summer from Muottas Muragl via the Val Champagna down to Samedan. I think we only encountered one other couple at the end of the hike.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018