Where to purchase Swiss half fare pass in Italy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2016 at 10:21:31 #810151

we are travelling to Lauterbrunnen after 3 weeks in Italy (we leave Australia for Italy on 27/09/2016). We would like to purchase a Swiss half fare ticket but have left it too late to buy it online. We will go through Domodossola but not have long in the train station. Can we buy the pass in Italy -Milan or even Rome, or should we wait and buy it when we have time in Switzerland. We are only in Switzerland for 4 days before heading to Munich but thought we could use it for the trip from Lauterbrunnen to Munich as well. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 September 2016 at 10:49:41 #856187

Hi Mnoack, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t know of any purchase options in Italy. As long as you have an option to print tickets somewhere during your stay in Italy (I assume you can do so in most hotels), it would be easiest to just get your Swiss Half Fare Cards as e-tickets from http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. That way you’ll be able profit from the 50% discount all the way from Domodossola without having to spend time on getting your passes there. If printing in Italy doesn’t work for you, you’ll have to get out in Domodossola and take a later train, or take your time to buy passes in Brig (missing out on the 50% discount from Domodossola though).

Please find further details, including a detailed coverage map, at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip to Europe!

• The thread ‘Where to purchase Swiss half fare pass in Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.