Where to stay after Gruyeres/Broc factory tours

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rnrfelice
Rnrfelice
1 post
May 31, 2018 - 7:20 PM

Hi,

I am planning my trip for August 2018 and am coming from Lauterbrunnen via Interlaken. We would like to do the Chocolate/Cheese Trip on our own before heading to Zermatt the following day. What do you suggest we do:

1.Get a hotel in Montreaux and take the train all the way to Montreux check i n our luggage and then head out for the day. Then return in the evening to our hotel.

2.Get a hotel in Gruyeres or Montbovon and then spend the evening there and head to Zermatt in the morning from Gruyeres or Montbovon.

I'm wondering if there is a nice restaurant and a cute town to spend the evening in or should we head back to Montreaux. It seems like we would be going 2 hours out of our way.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Arno
Arno
12313 posts
expert &
Jun 1, 2018 - 9:06 AM

Hi Rhonda,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Logistically, Bern could make sense. It's a quick trip from Lauterbrunnen, and from there to Gruyères and Broc won't take much longer than from Montreux. Also traveling to Zermatt is easy from Bern. It is not a small town but it has a wonderful historical center and plenty of restaurants: www.myswissalps.com/be rn.

Your other options can work out as well, but I would prevent traveling to Montreux first to check in, and then go back to Gruyères and Broc. That takes a lot of time you can otherwise spend on sightseeing.

Last modified on Jun 1, 2018 - 9:08 AM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019