Where to stay between Geneva and Zurich for 7 days

• Ridhi
    Participant
    2 posts
    1 May 2022 at 8:33:26 #827040

Hi, this is Ridhi and I’m traveling to Switzerland with my friend from June 7th (entering Geneva at 3PM) and back from Zurich on the 13th June (3pm) .

I wanted the advice on what should be our base for accomodation?

Our rough plan is to spend 7th in Geneva and stay the night. Leave for Zermatt on 8th stay there for 2 nights. Then stay in Wengen for 2 nights to cover Interlaken , Grindelwald , Jungfraujoch etc. We have already visited Bern so want to avoid that. And leave for Zurich on 12th to spend one day there.

Please suggest if we can improvise the itinerary. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2022 at 8:47:33 #941299

Hi Ridhi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Perhaps I didn’t understand your question, but Zermatt and Wengen are great choices I think. You’ll find more details, including hotel tips, here:

Ridhi
    Participant
    2 posts
    1 May 2022 at 10:08:17 #941300

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the prompt response.

Since we’re landing in Geneva on 7th June at 3pm, we’ll be staying there for one night. And our return flight is from Zurich on the 13th , so we’ll be staying 12th night in Zurich.

Wanted youe suggestions for the remaining nights, ie. 8-11th (4 nights) . Where would you suggest we stay? Places which are centrally located

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    2 May 2022 at 0:25:21 #941301

You can stay in Zermatt on date of arrival instead of Geneva so one hotel change is spared and you can start your sightseeing from day 2. On last day you may travel to Zurich airport from Interlaken since it takes about 3 hours to reach from Interlaken to Zurich airport

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 May 2022 at 6:45:42 #941302

Hi Ridhi,

I agree with Arno. Your plans to stay in Zermatt and Wengen are sensible. For the remaining nights, Lucerne would be a good choice as it is centrally located and has an excellent transport network. You can easily plan day trips to various destinations. In addition there are regular direct trains between Lucerne and Zurich Airport so you won’t even have to spend the night in Zurich just to catch your flight out.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Where to stay between Geneva and Zurich for 7 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.