About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Where to stay for an early flight from Zurich?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Where to stay for an early flight from Zurich?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BarryP
BarryP
23 posts
Feb 19, 2019 - 5:45 PM

We plan to stay in Wengen for a week in June. We check out of our apt in the morning of June 26, and have a flight home from Zurich at 10:20 am the next day. We are trying to decide if we should stay overnight in Lucerne or Zurich. Someone told my wife that Zurich is "ugly and boring", so she wants to stay in Lucerne. I checked the SBB timetable, and as far as I can tell we would have to catch a 6:30 am train (no later) to get to the airport check-in with 2 hours to get thru security etc.

So: is this a good idea, or should we stay at a hotel near the train station in Zurich (which was my idea)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 19, 2019 - 8:44 PM in reply to BarryP

Depends whether you like the idea of catching a 6:30am train or not. I wouldn’t describe Zurich as “ugly and boring”.

1960man
1960man
2748 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2019 - 2:19 AM in reply to BarryP

Zürich is not 'ugly and boring'

It has a lake front, hills with mountain railways, nice architecture etc

I would stay adjacent to the airport for convenience of getting your am flight, but travel (without luggage) into town for your last evening out.

Arno
Arno
14570 posts
expert &
Feb 20, 2019 - 9:36 AM

Hi Bpascal,

Both options are possible I'd say, so it comes down to personal preferences. The below links help you find accommodation:

If you're not an early riser you could even stay at the airport, so no traveling involved that morning: https://www.radissonbl u.com/en/hotel-zurichairport.

Last modified on Apr 23, 2020 - 2:31 PM by Arno
Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2019 - 12:50 PM

Hi Pascal

Zurich is a really lovely city and a day to soak it all in would be what I would recommend! Specially in June, if the weather is nice you could take a cruise on the lake or walk in the old town etc.

However Lucerne is the postcard town of Switzerland so if you haven't seen that it would also be worthwhile to spend a day there.

Here are a couple of links to the cities to get a better overview of both towns:
www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne
www.myswissalps.com/zu rich

Then as Rockoyster and Arno have mentioned, it comes down to personal preference in regards to the early start!

Maria.

Senjusira
Senjusira
3 posts
Feb 22, 2019 - 4:28 AM in reply to Maria

That's what I'm looking for.

Thank you

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021